Download This Full Lesson: Fish printing
Activity Description: This activity introduces the concept of identifiable characteristics and provides experience using a dichotomous key. Students also engage in the art of Japanese fish printing (goyutaku).
- Understand that each living thing has a unique set of characteristics and can be identified by its characteristics.
- Begin to identify fish features and characteristics, and their purpose and function.
- What are some characteristics of fish?
- Why do fish have gills?
- How does the shape of a fish help it?
- How do the fins and tail help a fish?
- What is a dichotomous key
*Source for fish models is at the end of lesson under Additional Resources in the document.
|Next Generation Science Standards:||2-LS4-1|