Download This Full Lesson: Sharks and Minnows
Activity Description: This activity explores the concept of interconnectedness within an ecosystem and adaptations needed for survival.
- Use gross motor skills to play the game, Sharks and Minnows.
- Describe how the population of minnows keeps getting smaller, while the population of sharks keeps growing.
- Discuss what the minnows and sharks need to survive, and describe why fish travel in schools
- What is an ecosystem?
- What are predators? Prey?
- What do predatory sharks need to survive?
- What do prey minnows do to survive?
- What happens as the number of predators increases?
|Next Generation Science Standards:||3-LS2-1|