Download This Full Lesson: Create a Label
Lesson Description: Groups work in teams to select a value-added product, and design a marketing label.
- be able to create a label for a value-added product
- understand different roles and careers within the Maine food system and service industry as related to marketing a value-added
- Why are labels important?
- What three key parts do you need to include in your label?
- How do you think real small Maine businesses go about coming up with their label, what steps are involved?
- Have you considered the preservation method of your value-added product as part of your label? i.e. what kind of vessel you will be using, jar, bottle, etc.
|Family and Consumer Sciences National Standards:||
8.1 Analyze career paths within the food production and food services industry
8.5 Demonstrate food preservation methods and techniques to produce a variety of food products.