Download This Full Lesson: Create Your Own Recipe!
Lesson Description: Within small groups students will be guided to go through three large steps in creating their own recipe, which could be broken up into three different lessons, or one long lesson.
- be able to compare and contrast aspects of different recipes and explain why they chose each
- be able to analyze what worked well for each
- be able to analyze what tasted better during their taste test of the recipes
- How many different careers in the Maine Food system are represented in this activity? (Producers, growers, distributors, food science, marketing, etc. Because even to buy the ingredients of Maine grown products that takes a farmer, and a distributor at least…)
- Is it possible to make a tasty value added product with only ingredients from Maine? Why is the recipe important for a value added product?
- How are you going to make sure that your recipe includes your value added product being preserved safely?
|Family and Consumer Sciences National Standards:||
8.1 Analyze career paths within the food production and food services industry
8.5 Demonstrate food preservation methods and techniques to produce a variety of food products.